nami is looking for a backend software engineer to help us drive a future of intelligent sensing.
Who We Are
We deliver AI-powered digital sensing solutions and act as an ecosystem enabler for the Internet of Things (IoT) industry. Our founders, who are industry veterans with proven skills in IoT ideation and software development, are active members of the Connectivity Standards Alliance (CSA). Prior to nami, they built one of the top 10 global Wi-Fi-certified IoT brands, with millions of connected products deployed over four continents. nami is working with industry leaders in Security, Safety, HealthTech, PropTech and Energy Optimization to integrate disruptive sensing technology into their products and services to reach millions of users. We announced the close of our Series A financing round in June 2023.
What You’ll Do
- Design, develop, and maintain our cloud system with the focus on availability, security, low latency;
- Design and implement automated software tests;
- Collaborate closely with firmware and mobile developers to deliver a great experience to our customers;
- Take responsibility for the operations of the software in production;
- Improve and clean up our codebase whenever there is an opportunity;
- Squash software bugs.
If the following describes you even partially, we’d love to talk:
- You have experience in writing working software in Ruby (Ruby on Rails);
- You have work experience with Scala (or Java, or Kotlin used for server-side applications);
- You are passionate about high-quality software products;
- Working as part of a team is important to you;
- You are an effective communicator in English (written and verbal);
- You used SQL and you may even like it;
- You are able to adapt quickly to changing requirements and work with a bit of ambiguity.
Any of The Following Will Be a Plus
- Hands-on experience with Kafka and stream processing;
- Have an eye toward the future of IoT, home security, and home automation;
- Familiarity with design patterns;
- Hands-on experience with software operations: deployment, CI/CD pipelines, monitoring;
- Hands-on experience with automated testing;
- Understanding of web application vulnerabilities and security;
- Understanding of networking protocols: low-level (TCP, UDP, IP) and application-level (HTTP, DNS, DNSSD);
- Familiarity with public-key cryptography and infrastructure;
- You know your way around Linux.
What We Offer
- A multicultural environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance;
- An attractive remuneration package;
- 15 days of annual leave;
- A talented team from all over the world to work with;
- Working with cutting-edge IoT and Smart Home technologies (Matter, Thread, Wi-Fi Sensing);
- Flexible work-from-home/office arrangements in Singapore, or remote work.
How to Apply
If this role sparked your interest, even if it describes you only partially, send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the role’s title in your subject line.
- Tell us a bit about yourself and share some things you’ve built and achieved.
- If we think we got a mutual match we will send you information about a short take-home coding challenge and a few questions to research and answer on your own time.
- After candidates complete the take-home coding challenge we do an internal code review, followed by a one-hour phone interview where we discuss the results of the code review.